TAX IMPLICATION ON GIFTS TO RELATIVES

We all do indulge in the practice of giving and receiving gifts both monetary and non monetary. But these gifts at times can attract income tax on it and as such one needs to know the exact tax treatment of gifts both in the hands of the person gifting and the person receiving the gift.
Gift to wife or spouse - If you make a gift in kind or cash to your spouse then it is not taxable in their hands. However, any income generated by the gift in kind or cash shall be treated as your income.
Gift to fiance - Any gift given in kind is tax free. However , cash gifts are tax free only till Rs 50000. If the gift amount exceeds Rs 50000 then the entire gift amount is taxable in the hands of your fiance.
Gifts on marriage - All gifts received on wedding are tax free. There is no monetary limit attached here.
Gifts to parents - Any gift in kind or cash is tax free in the hands of your parents and does not lead to any tax liability for you either.
In all the above cases, one needs to record the gift being given by one party to the another in writing on a simple paper.

Comments

  1. Tax on gifts becomes increase in the cost of gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My developer is trying to convince me to move to .net from PHP.
    I have always disliked the idea because of the costs.

    But he's tryiong none the less. I've been using Movable-type on various websites for about a year and am worried
    about switching to another platform. I have heard
    excellent things about blogengine.net. Is there a way I can import all my wordpress content into it?
    Any kind of help would be greatly appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  3. After looking into a handful of the blog posts on your website, I
    truly appreciate your technique of writing a blog.
    I book-marked it to my bookmark website list and will be checking back in the near future.
    Please check out my website too and let me know how you feel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing your info. I really appreciate
    your efforts and I am waiting for your next post thanks
    once again.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Should you buy Gold from Banks ??

IPO INVESTING IN PSU - GOOD WAY OF MAKING MONEY IN STOCK MARKETS